Marketing and Communications Manager
We currently have an opening for a Marketing and Communications Manager who will be responsible for providing the thought leadership and strategic planning competencies to execute a marketing strategy and corresponding marketing plans that supports and grows the TPC brand across all audiences and personas. Responsible for the development of all marketing campaigns that enhance agent and policyholder loyalty including planning and executing digital and field marketing strategies designed to drive new agent and policyholder acquisition, current policyholder retention, and re-engagement of lost policyholders, or low volume agent partners.
Responsibilities of a Marketing and Communications Manager
- Develops and executes audience-based marketing plans in support of executing the TPC strategy.
- Conducts market intelligence on those target audiences and develops a calendar of campaigns to promote accordingly.
- Initiate research, development, and implementation of new marketing programs, including direct mail, corporate sales, social media marketing, conventions, workshops, advertisements, sales tools, and other initiatives.
- Develop, forecast, execute, and analyze integrated customer marketing programs through the lens of both our agents and policyholders.
- Plans and forecasts marketing budget; prepares justification and ROI. Implements approved budget and ensures timely expense accounting.
- Responsible to partner with cross function leadership to create product related marketing campaigns.
- Analyzes competitive marketplace and stays abreast of industry and consumer trends, sharing relevant insight with cross-functional teams including Leadership Team.
- Demonstrates thought leadership for all marketing activities – SEO, email marketing, paid digital media, social media, and event marketing; must be able to define and deliver ROI.
- Seeks out and identifies best in class marketing and loyalty industry and technology partners, suppliers, vendors, to provide 3rd party support as needed.
- Oversee the development, management, and maintenance of all online communication vehicles.
- Manages all core marketing vendors and partnership relationships.
- Must be able to drive and develop programs and initiatives to completion with a “customer first” mentality.
- Builds and maintains necessary partnerships with department leaders and cross-functional partners to effectively influence decision making to deliver the best customer experience for our agents, policyholders, and online.
- Ensure all products, services, and other offerings conform to brand identity; conduct ongoing brand management.
- Is fully aligned with the Distribution Team to set go-to-market strategy, execute specific campaigns or programs to achieve objectives.
- Proposes and implements approved new technologies to create efficiencies and enhancements for distribution and marketing tools and resources. Partners with IT to assess and source said resources.
- Point of contact for all external PR related relationships and projects, including industry specific outlets.
- Manages all marketing budgets and expenses.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, or Business.
- 8+ years progressive experience in a corporate marketing environment leading a marketing team/program as well as experience working in and/with marketing agencies, and partners.
- 2-3 years of work experience in handling corporate communications, original writing, and editing.
- 5 years of direct work experience in a marketing management capacity.
- Ideally have B2B and B2C experience.
- Work in the property and casualty insurance field a plus.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Experience overseeing all moving parts of ABM program including:
- Account & prospect identification.
- Thought leadership development.
- Marketing technology & automation (Hubspot, Salesforce Marketing Cloud/Pardot, Marketo, Eloqua, Act-On, or Demandbase)
- Inbound marketing (SEO, social media)
- Outbound marketing (email marketing, nurturing and scoring)
- Usual office working conditions.
- Required to drive / travel on company business occasionally.
- Schedule may include evenings / weekends as projects may require.
Agency Distribution Manager for New Jersey
We currently have an opening for an Agency Distribution Manager for New Jersey who will be responsible for managing the overall agency relationships with The Philadelphia Contributionship.
Responsibilities of an Agency Distribution Manager:
- Responsible for the overall agency relationship, agency management, and directing resources and support as determined by TPC’s distribution model.
- Primary focus and responsibility is managing distribution plans within the territory. Responsible for driving new business quote activity and new business results, maintaining existing production and profitability. Build and maintaining a Territory Plan holding agents accountable for building quality books of business with TPC.
- Prospect, appoint and train new agencies.
- Develop agency plans with key agencies and execute on those success plans on behalf of TPC.
- Provide agency training on TPC software/systems, the Key, and other workflow processes.
- Effectively utilize Salesforce and other automated tools and resources. CRM entries (including agendas and action items) are timely, complete, detailed and follow desired expectations.
- Complete needed amount of in-person agency visits per week/month to deliver on objectives. Visits should include consistent use of quality preparation work and clear forward action plans.
- Use strategic approach and segmentation to select the proper agencies to spend time with and provide guidance to agencies with a solutions-oriented, consultative sales approach.
- Analyze and think through agency issues, identify alternative responses/options and bring about an effective solution. Demonstrate good judgment about which creative ideas and suggestions will work.
- Effectively evaluate agency performance on profit and growth and hold agencies accountable for action plans and results.
- Communicate and deliver on TPC’s value proposition for both policyholders and agents.
- Collaborate with various internal partners including Underwriting, Product, and Customer Service teams as needed to be effective.
- Gather and share competitive intelligence, market changes, and competitive position.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with industry trade associations and state association members.
- Bachelor’s degree, CIC, CPCU or equivalent education and experience
- Five years of insurance sales preferred
- Previous sales and field marketing experience strongly desired.
- Must possess a good understanding of the insurance environment from a company and/or agency perspective.
- Proven ability to think strategically, influence people, drive action.
- Strong communication, decision making, presentation, and negotiations skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to define and implement processes and procedures.
- Must have strong organizational and analytical abilities to successfully manage multiple concurrent items at once to achieve territory goals.
- Should have strong knowledge of insurance products.
- Should be highly flexible, autonomous, and able to adapt well to change.
- Highly organized and able to work independently with little direct supervision.
- Required to live in or in proximity to assigned territory.
- 80% travel to agency locations
- Some overnight stay may be required
Send Us Your Resume
Don’t see an open position that fits what you’re looking for? That’s OK—we’re always looking to develop relationships with people interested in joining our company in the future. Simply submit your resume below to be considered for future opportunities. We’ll keep you in mind when the right job opens in the future.
"*" indicates required fields