Property Claims Supervisor
The Philadelphia Contributionship is the oldest successful property and casualty insurance company in the United States, having been founded by Ben Franklin in 1752. We write homeowners insurance and related products in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland and Virginia. We have an A (Excellent) rating from A.M. Best and have been recognized as one of the Top Workplaces in the Delaware Valley.
We currently have an opening for a Property Claims Supervisor. This position is responsible for managing a unit of claim reps (both field and inside) involved in the investigation and settlement of homeowners’ claims. This is a full time position, which includes a complete benefits package and participation in our annual bonus program.
- Supervise assigned claims staff to assure that claims best practices are being achieved
- Oversee the investigation, evaluation, negotiation and settlement of claims assigned to the unit to assure compliance with company guidelines
- Review and approve reserve recommendations, authority requests and expense payments on claim settlements
- Prepare and administer performance/ salary reviews, promotion recommendations, and participate in selection of new hires for the unit.
- Work with, and control the use of, independent adjusters where necessary to bring losses to closure.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with vendors in the construction/repair/insurance industry.
- Process and record all salvage/subrogation opportunities on all assigned losses where applicable.
- Provide technical training and development for the unit.
- Set accurate case reserves in accordance with company procedures and adhere to the established claim adjustment standards
- Negotiate settlements with insureds/claimants, and perform field work where necessary.
- Participate in establishing the annual claims department budget.
- Conduct ride-alongs with field personnel and monitor the re-inspection program where applicable.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience (minimum 5 years) prior claims handling experience, including major losses and litigated files with an emphasis on property claims
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and mentor staff – prior supervisory experience strongly preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel and claims specific applications such as Xactimate
- Current driver’s license / clean driving history
- Must pass background check and drug screening
Applicants should forward resumes to Kathleen Morris Rosati, (firstname.lastname@example.org) Assistant Vice President, Human Resources at The Philadelphia Contributionship, 212 S. 4th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106