The Philadelphia Contributionship is the oldest successful property and casualty insurance company in the United States, having been founded by Ben Franklin in 1752. We write homeowners insurance and related products in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland and Virginia. We have an A- (Excellent) rating from A.M. Best and have been consistently recognized as one of the Top Workplaces in the Delaware Valley.
We currently have an opening for a Marketing & Communications Specialist who will be responsible for developing, implementing, and evaluating multi-layered marketing and digital strategies to fully leverage all aspects of the organization’s brand in support of the TPC strategy. This role will support existing marketing programs, as well as assisting with the development of new initiatives aligned to our policyholder and agency partner needs. Must be an organized multi-tasker able to handle many diverse projects at once and meet tight deadlines.
- Write copy for a variety of platforms, including social, email, blog, website, print, and sales collateral, maintaining a consistent brand voice.
- Plan and execute events, overseeing communication, vendors, and success metrics, all with an eye on brand standards and our mission, vision, and values.
- Develop and execute a social media growth strategy, maintain a social media content calendar, and compile comprehensive digital media reports.
- Assist in driving the development and implementation of marketing campaigns, events, and initiatives.
- Oversee and drive all aspects of the organization’s digital presence, and digital communication channels including online reputation management.
- Responsible for the development of digital content via all digital distribution platforms so as to achieve the highest level of impact and return.
- Oversee the organization’s website editorially and strategically, including content, and analytics.
- Ensure digital content and social media strategies and offerings remain current with advancements in platforms and responsive to audience content preferences.
- Google Analytics administrator responsible for regular reporting assessments and analysis of site traffic, shared with Marketing & Distribution and other teams as needed.
- Report and analyze performance metrics across assigned platforms and develop plans to improve and adjust accordingly to meet goals set by leadership.
- Implement, measure, and adjust Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM) initiatives through HubSpot to support 1752.com engagement targets.
- Coordinate the ordering of branded items and gifts, including researching products, managing timelines, organizing stock, and adhering to brand standards.
- Manage and support the process of Agency Partnership Rewards program.
- Research competitors, vendors, trends, industry best practices (wholesale and marketing) and share with broader distribution and marketing team.
- Explore ways to leverage current and new marketing platforms and tools.
- Generate ideas and tactics to deliver upon marketing and business objectives.
- Assist in new agency appointments with licensing, Agent Sync processing, Salesforce tasks including user adds/deletions and mailing of welcome kits to newly appointed agents.
- Responsible for other duties and projects as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Business, Marketing, Communications, Advertising, or related field. 2+ years’ experience in marketing role, including content creation. Working knowledge of traditional and digital marketing which has contributed to an understanding of sales and marketing best practices. Experience with Hubspot, Salesforce, or equivalent digital automations a plus. Prior insurance company experience desired.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Excellent communication skills, written and verbal. Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills with a diligent eye for detail, language, flow, and grammar. Detail-oriented, organized, and able to prioritize. Successful management of multiple projects simultaneously through organization, prioritization, and follow-up. Ability to meet tight deadlines and handle pressure. Analytical thinker, always willing to ask questions. Natural curiosity of customer behavior with desire to continuously learn. Tech-savvy with the ability to quickly learn new technologies. Proactive problem solver with a strong desire to grow. Active listener. Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and related products.
- Usual office working conditions.
- Required to drive / travel on company business occasionally.
- Schedule may include evenings / weekends as projects may require.
This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the functions that may be assigned.