The Philadelphia Contributionship is the oldest successful property and casualty insurance company in the United States, having been founded by Ben Franklin in 1752. We write homeowners insurance and related products in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland and Virginia. We have an A- (Excellent) rating from A.M. Best and have been consistently recognized as one of the Top Workplaces in the Delaware Valley.
We currently have an opening for an Inside Agency Distribution Manager who will be responsible for managing the overall agency relationship with TPC, developing assigned agents to achieve profitable results from driving new business growth, retaining a desired mix of renewal business, and selectively appointing the right new agencies. The Inside Agency Distribution Manager will also achieve annual objectives for assigned territory based on the annual business plan using teleconferencing, webinars, and other digital technology. The Manager will work with agencies to ensure high quality business is being written by monitoring accordingly.
- Primary focus and responsibility is managing opportunities with appointed agents in a consultative framework through proactive outbound phone calls, virtual webinars and other digital sales methods.
- Responsible for the overall agency relationship, agency management, and directing resources and support as determined by TPC’s distribution model.
- Responsible for managing distribution plans with assigned agencies. Responsible for driving new business quote activity and new business results, maintaining existing production and profitability. Responsible for building and maintaining plans which hold assigned agents accountable for building quality books of business with TPC.
- Assist and support field ADM with prospecting, appointing and training new agencies where appropriate.
- Develop agency plans with key agencies and execute those success plans on behalf of TPC.
- Provide training to agencies and new staff hires on all TPC products, procedures, rules, underwriting philosophy, binding guides, and software/systems such as The Key.
- Effectively utilize Salesforce and other automated tools and resources. CRM entries (including agendas and action items) are timely, complete, detailed and follow desired expectations.
- Complete appropriate number of agency sales calls per week/month to deliver on objectives. Calls should include consistent use of a consultative sales process and skills to establish clear forward action plans and gain commitment to achieve them.
- Use strategic approach and segmentation to select the proper agencies to spend time with and provide guidance to agencies with a solutions-oriented, consultative sales approach.
- Analyze and think through agency issues, identify alternative responses/options and bring about an effective solution. Demonstrate good judgment about which creative ideas and suggestions will work.
- Effectively evaluate agency performance on profit and growth and hold agencies accountable for action plans and results.
- Communicate and deliver TPC’s value proposition for both policyholders and agents.
- Collaborate with various internal partners including Underwriting, Product, and Customer Service teams as needed to be effective.
- Gather and share competitive intelligence, market changes, and competitive position.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with industry trade associations and state association members.
- Travel - Occasionally
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree and prior insurance experience preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Proficient with corporate productivity and web presentation tools including online meetings & video conferencing with strong listening, communication, and presentation skills.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Proven sales experience with a successful track record highly desired. Must possess strong phone presence and experience with multiple outbound/inbound phone calls per day with an ability to think strategically, influence people, drive action. Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and self-manage time effectively. Must have strong organizational and analytical abilities to successfully manage multiple concurrent items at once to achieve territory goals. Experience working with Salesforce or similar CRM software preferred. Scheduling flexibility including occasionally working irregular hours required.
This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the functions that may be assigned.