Territory Sales Manager (Virginia)
The Philadelphia Contributionship is the oldest successful property and casualty insurance company in the United States, having been founded by Ben Franklin in 1752. We write homeowners insurance in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland and Virginia. We have an A (Excellent) rating from A.M. Best and have been consistently recognized as a “Top Workplace”. We are currently seeking a Territory Sales Manager for Virginia. This is a full time position, which includes a company car, an attractive benefits package and participation in our annual bonus program. The successful candidate will live and work in our Virginia territory (preference for the Richmond area) with the occasional need to report to our home office in Philadelphia, PA for meetings.
Responsibilities of the VA Territory Sales Manager:
- Manage agency relationships in the region to assure profitable growth of both new and renewal business.
- Prospect for and appoint new agents in Virginia.
- Train newly appointed agents on company products, underwriting guidelines and our new user-friendly rating and production system – called “The Key”.
- Conduct regular agency visits to generate new business, educate agents on company guidelines and build and reinforce “partnership relationships” with assigned agencies and their staff.
- Maintain an awareness of competitive practices related to products, rates and industry
trends in the territory.
- Create and monitor profitability plans for assigned agents, including conducting audits.
- Bachelor’s Degree, insurance designation (AU, CPCU) or equivalent work experience
- Thorough working knowledge of personal lines insurance, including firsthand experience with independent agents and other personal lines carriers in Virginia
- Demonstrated sales and relationship building skills
- Established working relationships with independent agents in Virginia
- Strong analytic abilities and pro-active approach to turn metrics into digestible information upon which game-plans can be created and effective actions can be implemented
- Excellent presentation and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and time management abilities
- Ability to work remotely with minimal daily direct supervision
- Computer literate, including the ability to train agents on company software
- Current driver’s license and clean driving record
- College degree or insurance designation and equivalent work experience (Minimum 3 years work experience adjusting property claims).•
Applicants should forward resumes to:
Kathleen Morris Rosati (email@example.com)
Assistant Vice President, Human Resources,
The Philadelphia Contributionship210 S. 4th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106