The Philadelphia Contributionship is the oldest successful property and casualty insurance company in the United States, having been founded by Ben Franklin in 1752. We write homeowners insurance in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland and Virginia. We have an A (Excellent) rating from A.M. Best and have been consistently recognized as one of the Top Workplaces in the Philadelphia area.
We currently have an opening for a Data Analyst to assist our modeling team in providing data-driven insights to improve business results. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including generous educational assistance and an annual bonus program.
Who should apply:
Analysts who are familiar with data compilation, analysis, statistical modeling and programming. Strong computation and communication skills are required. Experience with a diversity of statistical environments (including, but not limited to R, SAS, Python or Stan/Jags) is highly valuable.
- Prepare and clean data for statistical purposes, such as model building and reporting
- Perform statistical analyses and evaluate predictive features from raw data
- Create and validate models using varied statistical techniques
- Summarize statistical analyses, often with survey data, using tables or data visualizations
- Prepare deliverables, such as reproducible reports and custom dashboards
- Conduct defined quantitative and qualitative research projects independently and communicate research results to internal and external stakeholders
- Document modeling methodology and procedures
- Participate in the application of new data science methods
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Data Science, or related field with course work in statistical analysis and modeling, or a Bachelor’s in another quantitative field plus work experience in statistical analyses and modeling
- Experience programming in R or similar statistical software
- Desire to increase their learning and gain further expertise in the field
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills, specifically with non-statisticians
- Qualified candidates must have the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Expertise in Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint)
- Experience in property and casualty insurance
- Candidates will benefit from experience with data mining and modeling tools, version control, analysis of complex survey data, and knowledge of SQL syntax and database structure
- Methodological areas of proficiency include, but are not limited to, generalized linear models, longitudinal data analysis, survival analysis, hierarchical/mixed-effects models, geospatial analysis and causal inference with observational data.
Applicants should forward resumes to:
Kathleen Morris Rosati, (email@example.com)
Assistant Vice President, Human Resources,
The Philadelphia Contributionship
210 S. 4th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106