Customer Service Representative
The Philadelphia Contributionship is the oldest successful property and casualty insurance company in the United States, having been founded by Ben Franklin in 1752. We write homeowners insurance and related products in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware and Maryland and Virginia. We have an A (Excellent) rating from A.M. Best and have been consistently recognized as one of the Top Workplaces in the Delaware Valley.
We currently have an opening for a licensed Customer Service Representative who will be responsible for responding to policyholders’ questions by phone and in person related to homeowner’s insurance. This position is based in our home office in Philadelphia.
Responsibilities of a Customer Service Representative:
- Confer with policyholders, agency personnel and mortgage companies in both written and verbal format, by phone or in person in order to provide information
- Respond to and resolve issues regarding policy information by researching, analyzing, and responding to agency, policyholder and mortgage company inquiries by letter, phone or in person
- Input changes to policies for various lines of insurance per policyholder, mortgage company or agency requests following customer service scope of authority
- Process manual changes for all perpetual policy endorsements and renewals
- Meet or exceed all established service standards for timeliness and quality of response to customers.
- Current Property/Casualty License required
- Preference for bi-lingual skills (Spanish / English)
- Prior experience in personal lines insurance
- Superior customer service skills
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills required
- Must be energetic, outgoing and committed to providing superior customer service
- Must be able to diffuse conflict and deal effectively with difficult customers
- Strong ability and willingness to multi-task
- Must portray a professional phone demeanor
- Computer literacy and ability to learn new applications as required
- Office environment, large portion of the work day is spent on the phone.
Applicants should forward resumes to:
Kathleen Morris Rosati, (email@example.com)
Assistant Vice President, Human Resources
The Philadelphia Contributionship, 210 S. 4th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106