The Philadelphia Contributionship is the oldest successful property and casualty insurance company in the United States, having been founded by Ben Franklin in 1752. We write homeowners insurance in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland and Virginia. We have an A (Excellent) rating from A.M. Best and have been consistently recognized as one of the Top Workplaces in the Philadelphia area.
We currently have an opening in the Administrative Unit of our Claims Department. This position is responsible for answering phones in a high call volume environment, speaking to policyholders who are calling to report a claim and entering that information into our computer system.
Responsibilities of a Claims Clerk:
- Answers incoming claims phone calls and takes new loss reports. Enters information into the system to establish a new claim file.
- Performs general clerical work including filing, and entering loss data into the computer system. Also, index documents for imaging.
- Assists administrative supervisor with creating and maintaining spreadsheets and other claims department records.
- Processes claims payment checks on a daily basis.
- Special projects as assigned
- Bilingual employees will be assigned to the incoming phone line for Spanish speaking customers.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum of one (1) year of work experience, preferably in the insurance industry.
- Superior customer service phone skills, including the ability to deal with difficult customers
- Strong preference for fluency in Spanish
- Must be Organized and detail oriented
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Office environment.
Applicants should forward resumes to:
Kathleen Morris Rosati, (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Assistant Vice President, Human Resources,
The Philadelphia Contributionship
210 S. 4th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106