We currently have an opening in the administrative unit of the Claims department for a Claims Clerk. This is a full time position that will involve answering the claims phone line, taking reports of new claims and entering them into The Key and providing administrative support to the department.
- Ability to handle high volume phone intake with data entry for the First Notice of Loss.
- Process loss payments in the system and match payments with estimates and mail checks.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite especially Excel and Word.
- Ability to be flexible and easily adapt to changing systems and technology.
- Assists administrative supervisor with creating and maintaining spreadsheets and other claims department records.
- Special projects as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent, with preference for a business education.
- Minimum of one (1) year of work experience, preferably in the insurance industry or customer service center.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (especially Word and Excel).
- Must have superior communication skills, including professional phone manner and the ability to deal effectively with difficult customers.
- Must have a strong ability to multi-task.
- Must be organized and detail oriented with the ability to adapt to changing technology.
- Must demonstrate superior customer service skills.
- Must be willing to work in a team environment.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) skills are strongly preferred.