Responsibilities of an Assistant Underwriter:
- Inspection Processing and Audits: including but not limited to reviewing property inspections, assessing the quality of submitted risks, working directly with agencies to resolve repair or eligibility issues, issuing cancellation notices when warranted and reviewing documents for rescission/reinstatements. Provide monthly billing audits of inspection vendors.
- Policy Audits and Processing: Review and validate documents provided by agencies that support policy credits. Research address discrepancies. Process the associated transaction. Participate in periodic agency audits for compliance issues.
- Assist Underwriters and Underwriting Manager as required.
- College degree required or licensed Property/Casualty license
- At all times, must be able to communicate effectively and professionally with company
personnel and customers, and exhibit technical competence and good judgment.
- In-depth knowledge of underwriting guidelines for the transactions within authority limit (renewals, endorsements, cancellations, etc.).
- Must have the ability to interpret and execute underwriting instructions accurately; be detail oriented with good follow-through skills.
- Due to time-sensitive nature of work, candidate must be highly organized and able to effectively manage a diary.
- Working knowledge of PCs and software applications.
- Excels in both independent and team environments.
- Strong commitment to customer service and demonstrated customer service approach both in person and by phone.
- Office environment, 20-25% of the work day is spent on the phone.