The Philadelphia Contributionship is the oldest successful property and casualty insurance company in the United States, having been founded by Ben Franklin in 1752. We write homeowners insurance and related products in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland and Virginia. We have an A- (Excellent) rating from A.M. Best and have been consistently recognized as one of the Top Workplaces in the Delaware Valley.
We currently have an opening for an Agency Distribution Manager for New Jersey who will be responsible for managing the overall agency relationships with The Philadelphia Contributionship.
Responsibilities of an Agency Distribution Manager:
- Responsible for the overall agency relationship, agency management, and directing resources and support as determined by TPC’s distribution model.
- Primary focus and responsibility is managing distribution plans within the territory. Responsible for driving new business quote activity and new business results, maintaining existing production and profitability. Build and maintaining a Territory Plan holding agents accountable for building quality books of business with TPC.
- Prospect, appoint and train new agencies.
- Develop agency plans with key agencies and execute on those success plans on behalf of TPC.
- Provide agency training on TPC software/systems, the Key, and other workflow processes.
- Effectively utilize Salesforce and other automated tools and resources. CRM entries (including agendas and action items) are timely, complete, detailed and follow desired expectations.
- Complete needed amount of in-person agency visits per week/month to deliver on objectives. Visits should include consistent use of quality preparation work and clear forward action plans.
- Use strategic approach and segmentation to select the proper agencies to spend time with and provide guidance to agencies with a solutions-oriented, consultative sales approach.
- Analyze and think through agency issues, identify alternative responses/options and bring about an effective solution. Demonstrate good judgment about which creative ideas and suggestions will work.
- Effectively evaluate agency performance on profit and growth and hold agencies accountable for action plans and results.
- Communicate and deliver on TPC’s value proposition for both policyholders and agents.
- Collaborate with various internal partners including Underwriting, Product, and Customer Service teams as needed to be effective.
- Gather and share competitive intelligence, market changes, and competitive position.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with industry trade associations and state association members.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, CIC, CPCU or equivalent education and experience
- Five years of insurance sales preferred
- Previous sales and field marketing experience strongly desired.
- Must possess a good understanding of the insurance environment from a company and/or agency perspective.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proven ability to think strategically, influence people, drive action.
- Strong communication, decision making, presentation, and negotiations skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to define and implement processes and procedures.
- Must have strong organizational and analytical abilities to successfully manage multiple concurrent items at once to achieve territory goals.
- Should have strong knowledge of insurance products.
- Should be highly flexible, autonomous, and able to adapt well to change.
- Highly organized and able to work independently with little direct supervision.
- Required to live in or in proximity to assigned territory.
- 80% travel to agency locations
- Some overnight stay may be required
This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the functions that may be assigned.