At The Philadelphia Contributionship, we often speak about our roots—the company’s history, the homes we protect, long-term clients, and beyond. Yet what makes all of this possible is the decision by a diverse group of caring and productive people to put down their professional roots here.
Our company is built on relationships and that certainly extends to each member of our team. We strive for TPC to be a place of accomplishment, growth, and fun.
In 2019, we once again earned the “Top Workplaces” designation from The Inquirer.
Our commitment to community involvement makes a difference in people’s lives. Whether it’s partnering with the Philadelphia Fire Department to install smoke detectors or one of the dozens of causes that TPC colleagues and/or Board members support, giving back is a part of who we are at The Philadelphia Contributionship.
Join our team and become part of this amazing story.
Why Work at The Philadelphia Contributionship?
A friendly and caring environment with plenty of autonomy, generous Paid Time Off, and a flexible telecommuting policy. Business casual attire is standard unless we hold a special event.
Education and Career Development:
Every employee is encouraged to manage an Individual Development Plan (IDP), which is designed to empower TPC employees to take control of their career and future. The company also supports career development through 100% financial assistance for insurance-related courses in addition to a generous tuition reimbursement for work-related courses and degrees.
Our benefits package features affordable choices in medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, with generous employer contributions to Health Savings Accounts.
Competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, employer match of 5% for employees who contribute 6% to our 401(k) plan, annual bonus program, 2% employer annual “profit-sharing” contribution to 401(k), employee referral awards, $500 annual company “scholarship” for children in college, pre-tax payroll deduction for commuting.
The properties we insure are more than just buildings—they are homes to the people of our community. We are committed to making a difference in these communities through service, volunteering, and active involvement.
Little Things that Mean a Lot:
Casual Fridays, on-site gym, free coffee, summer celebration, garden with picnic tables, company barbecues, quarterly “all employee” communication meetings, annual holiday party, “Service Excellence” awards, employee recognition program, and a company museum!
We offer a competitive salary and a well-rounded benefits package including medical, dental, prescription, vision coverage, and a 401(k) plan.
NOTE: Please no telephone calls or placement firms. EOE M/F/D/V.
Inside Property Claims Rep
- Adjust and settle assigned property claims to conclusion through direction, evaluation and negotiation within limits of authority.
- Interpret coverage issues on assigned cases and prepare evaluations and recommendations on cases exceeding personal authority.
- Prepare denial materials including documentation and communicate the decision to the affected parties on claims where investigation warrants this action.
- Perform a thorough investigation of the loss including review of vendor reports, securing recorded or signed statements, business records and reports, proof of loss, police reports, diagrams, photographs or testimony from technical experts.
- Determine appropriate claim reserves and review subrogation on assigned cases. Maintain proper diary.
- Prepare all worksheets, forms, documentation and reporting duties to create a file that is capable of being used by others to monitor progress or continue efficient handling of a claim.
- Prepare drafts and perform all tasks required to close a case and effect efficient and fair settlement of claims. This may include the proper handling of subrogation and disposal of salvage to reduce paid loss amounts.
- Assist with vendor program and re-inspects as required. When necessary, assist in providing training to third party vendors in the company’s claims handling requirements and procedures.
- 2+ years claims handling experience, including personal lines property claims.
- Bachelor’s Degree, insurance designation (AIC, CCLA or PCLA) or equivalent work experience.
- Adjuster’s license in assigned state(s) as required.
- Demonstrated commitment to superior customer service.
- Solid computer skills including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and property estimating programs such as Exactimate.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management abilities.
- Must pass background check and drug screening.
Send Us Your Resume
Don’t see an open position that fits what you’re looking for? That’s OK—we’re always looking to develop relationships with people interested in joining our company in the future. Simply submit your resume below to be considered for future opportunities. We’ll keep you in mind when the right job opens in the future.
The actuarial team at TPC helps manage the financial impact of risk and uncertainty by developing our rates/premium charges for each of the insurance products offered by the company. Their role at TPC is a critically important one because the work they do helps assure that TPC will remain a secure and financially stable insurance company for many years to come.
The service team is an important link among TPC agents, TPC clients and the company. Service team members are available from 8:30am to 5:00pm M-F to assist clients and their agents with questions or issues related to policy changes and billing issues.
The claims department at TPC is staffed by a well-qualified and experienced team of claims adjusters (in-house and field adjusters), backed by a highly responsive support team. The claims leadership team resides in our home-office in Philadelphia, providing guidance and direction to those who are responsible for fulfilling our promise to TPC clients – to be there when we are needed most.
The facilities team is a vital part of the company that literally helps us keep the lights on each and every day. Whether it’s a simple need for office supplies or it’s supporting our disaster recovery team in the wake of a catastrophic event, facilities is responsible for making sure every member of the TPC team has a safe and comfortable environment in which to work.
The TPC finance team is comprised of a group of highly focused and detail-oriented professionals responsible for making sure that the day-to-day finances of the company are managed properly. This group is under the daily direction of our company controller and led by our Chief Financial Officer.
All employee benefits, hiring processes and human resources compliance are the responsibility of the human resources department under the leadership of our human resources manager. HR plays a critical role in sourcing new potential employees while working closely with department managers and current employees to help both the company and the employee make the most of their experience as a member of the TPC team.
TPC is a very data-rich company and like most insurance companies, we rely heavily on our talented IT team to ensure that all of our systems and connections to various other company systems are running properly. IT is a critically important and exciting place to work with a wide variety of roles and career opportunities for those interested in working in a fast-paced environment.
The marketing team at TPC is comprised of territory sales managers (TSMs) who live and work in the communities they are responsible for serving. Supported by a home-office leadership, creative development and analytics team, the TSMs are the field representatives of the company with our agents across all states in which the company conducts business.
The TPC underwriting team works hand-in-hand our products and business intelligence teams to ensure that the company is insuring properties that meet our guidelines and appetite for acceptable risks. Underwriters are the decision-makers in the process of determining which properties the company wishes to insure and under what circumstances coverage will be afforded to both new and current TPC clients.