Territory Sales Manager (Maryland)
February 3, 2020
The Philadelphia Contributionship is the oldest successful property and casualty insurance company in the United States, having been founded by Ben Franklin in 1752. We write homeowners insurance in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland and Virginia. We have an A (Excellent) rating from A.M. Best and have been consistently recognized as a “Top Workplace”. We are currently seeking a Territory Sales Manager for Maryland. This is a full-time position, which includes a company car, an attractive benefits package and participation in our annual bonus program. The successful candidate will live and work in the Maryland territory (preference for the Baltimore area) with the occasional need to report to our home office in Philadelphia, PA for meetings.
Responsibilities of the MD Territory Sales Manager:
- Manage agency relationships in the region to assure profitable growth of both new and renewal business.
- Train agents on company products, underwriting guidelines and our new user-friendly rating and production system – called “The Key.”
- Conduct regular agency visits to generate new business, educate agents on company guidelines and build and reinforce “partnership relationships” with assigned agencies and their staff.
- Maintain an awareness of competitive practices related to products, rates and industry trends in the territory.
- Create and monitor profitability plans for assigned agents, including conducting audits.
- Prospect for and appoint new agents in the Maryland territory.
- Bachelor’s Degree, insurance designation (AU, CPCU) or equivalent work experience.
- Thorough working knowledge of personal lines insurance, including firsthand experience with independent agents and other personal lines carriers in Maryland.
- Demonstrated sales and relationship building skills.
- Established working relationships with independent agents in Maryland.
- Strong analytic abilities and pro-active approach to turn metrics into digestible information upon which game-plans can be created and effective actions can be implemented.
- Excellent presentation and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational and time management abilities
- Ability to work remotely with minimal daily direct supervision
- Computer literate, including the ability to train agents on company software
- Current driver’s license and clean driving record
Applicants should forward resumes to:
Kathleen Morris Rosati, (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Assistant Vice President, Human Resources,
The Philadelphia Contributionship
210 S. 4th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106