Inside Property Claims Rep
March 19, 2019
The Philadelphia Contributionship is the oldest successful property and casualty insurance company in the United States, having been founded by Ben Franklin in 1752. We write homeowners insurance and related products in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland and Virginia. We have an A (Excellent) rating from A.M. Best and have been consistently recognized as one of the Top Workplaces in the Delaware Valley.
We currently have an opening for an inside property Claims Representative who will be responsible for adjusting and settling property losses that do not require field investigation. This position will be based in our home office in Philadelphia.
Responsibilities of an Inside Property Claims Rep:
- Adjust and settle assigned property claims to conclusion through direction, evaluation and negotiation within limits of authority.
- Interpret coverage issues on assigned cases and prepare evaluations and recommendations on cases exceeding personal authority.
- Prepare denial materials including documentation and communicate the decision to the affected parties on claims where investigation warrants this action.
- Perform a thorough investigation of the loss including review of vendor reports, securing recorded or signed statements, business records and reports, proof of loss, police reports, diagrams, photographs or testimony from technical experts.
- Determine appropriate claim reserves and review subrogation on assigned cases. Maintain proper diary.
- Prepare all worksheets, forms, documentation and reporting duties to create a file that is capable of being used by others to monitor progress or continue efficient handling of a claim.
- Prepare drafts and perform all tasks required to close a case and effect efficient and fair settlement of claims. This may include the proper handling of subrogation and disposal of salvage to reduce paid loss amounts.
- Assist with vendor program and re-inspects as required.
When necessary, assist in providing training to third party vendors in the company’s claims handling requirements and procedures.
- 2+ years claims handling experience, including personal lines property claims.
- Bachelor’s Degree, insurance designation (AIC, CCLA or PCLA) or equivalent work experience.
- Adjuster’s license in assigned state(s) as required.
- Demonstrated commitment to superior customer service.
- Solid computer skills including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and property estimating programs such as Exactimate.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management abilities.
- Must pass background check and drug screening.
Applicants should forward resumes to:
Kathleen Morris Rosati, (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Assistant Vice President, Human Resources,
The Philadelphia Contributionship
210 S. 4th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106